BlueLibrary_Logo

Minutes

Home-Hours-Book Chat Room -Calendar-Reference-Contact Us

 

 

Grafton Public Library Trustees Meeting Minutes

July 17, 2014

 

Attending:Bob Donald, Lucia Corwin, Dylan Bate, Michelle Dufort

Bob Donald called the meeting to order at 6:35 p.m. There was no public comment and the minutes of June 19, 2014 were approved.

Librarianís Report

Michelle reported that the Q2 payroll taxes are completed with money to spare in checking, but that a transfer will be needed soon for July/August expenses. The Lucy Daniels Memorial Fund has been started with a donation from Jerry Stevens.

Website reconstruction, possibly with a new vehicle such as Wordpress,is now necessary because Michelle has been unable to fix the internal links which are mysteriously and suddenly non-functional on the old website. This moves a bit in front of automation as a priority, as a functioning website is vital, although automation work will continue apace. In the meantime, Rachel Williams, select board administrative assistant, will post our board meeting minutes on the town website to help us comply with new open meeting legislation.

Michelle met with town office staff and the transfer to the town clerk of check signing is now underway. The town auditors would also like a copy of our monthly checking account statement for their records and this will be built into the process by Michelle.

Pat Mack will continue to train with Michelle until she feels comfortable working the desk by herself, but Anita Bannon will not be able to join us as a volunteer.

Bob Donald and Michelle Dufort will take the on-line workshop concerning new Open Meeting Laws on Monday, July 21.

Treasurerís Report

Bob reports that we did well with our budget in FY14, coming in under expected expenses.He presented the draft budget for FY15, answered questions and indicated he looked to approve the budget at a future meeting, after clarification of insurance and tax issues.†††††††

Building and Grounds

Karl Lauren of the WF has repaired the stair railing after conversation with Bob. He did a fine job and the railing is now secure. Thanks to both Bob and Karl for dealing with this promptly.

The board took a walk outside to look at the sinkholes in the lawn and the loose stair that Lucia reported. Bob will talk to Ray Lisai for suggestions about a handyman for the library and also contact Jamie Gregory about the lawn. It is hoped that a handyman/woman would be able to both repair boards on and paint the porch.

†††††††††††

Policy Updates

Deborah Toomey had distributed the gift policy for all to review before the meeting. The board commented on a job very well done and approved the gift policy as written with thanks to Deborah.

Board Composition

Lucia Corwin will be approaching a prospect for board membership, to replace Dylan who has very kindly been holding the position until a replacement can be found.

Other:

Lucia Corwin gave a brief overview of the strategic planning workshop she attended with Deborah Toomey on July 8. She reports that the workshop was wonderful and well worth the time. She shared some of her notes about how to get started on the process, but also made the recommendation to start strategic planning after automation is completed. Thank you to Lucia and Deborah for their time and the board and librarian look forward to hearing more.

Book sale details were discussed and assignments were made. Bob Donald will contact Valerie Rooney to volunteer for the cash table.A further list of assignments will be sent to all for reference.

Bob mentioned that he has been working on the framing of Lucy Danielsí documents donated to the library and will continue to find a cost effective, but quality method of framing them with Ed Bank. Michelle asked if a thank you note and update had been sent yet to the donor or if we were waiting until framing cost estimate is established.

The next meeting of the Library Board will be August 21 at 6:30 p.m.

The meeting adjourned at 7:45 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

 

 

Michelle Dufort