BlueLibrary_Logo

Minutes

Home-Hours-Book Chat Room -Calendar-Reference-Contact Us

 

 

Grafton Public Library Trustees Meeting Minutes

June 15, 2017 6:00PM

Attending:Bob Donald, Andrea Dunmire, Lucia Corwin, Deborah Toomey, and librarian Michelle Dufort

Bob Donald called the meeting to order at 6:07 pm.

Public comment:No public in attendance.

The minutes of the May 18, 2017 meeting were read and approved.

Librarianís Report

Michelle had just returned from the VERSO training session in Berlin, VT and reported about it. She was very disappointed with the trainer sent from the company. What was usually a 2 day training was condensed into only one and the presentation seemed fragmented. When other librarian attendees asked questions, they were in audible and the presenter did not repeat the question, merely answered. Hence many participants were unable to determine or understand the value of the response. The training was overcrowded as well. Since the Department of Libraries is still negotiating with Auto-Graphics, the system parameters are still undetermined.All in all, it was a disappointing day.

Michelle was unable to book a balloon artist for the Community Party this year, but has been successful in obtaining a fiber artist. The children in attendance will be invited to make bracelets.

Treasurerís Report

The 94% of the budget has been allocated. Discussion ensued regarding the health insurance costs.Health insurance will likely increase next year. The library has been reimbursed by the town for an overcharge on health insurance. Michelle has had multiple conversations with Kim Record regarding the building insurance. At present, it appears that the building insurance is under budget this year and no bill will be due until next fiscal year

Monies have been transferred from the Library TIAA-CREF account and the Jerry Stevens account completing the FY drawdown.

Building and Grounds

The Board concurs that the Library grounds have never looked better thanks to Sarah Yarosevich. The new picnic table is lovely and has been coated with tung oil and it will require annual maintenance.

The porch needs painting this year and Michelle with check with Ray Liasi who has painted it in the past.

Volunteer Appreciation

The Board reviewed the list of tasks that needed to be done in light of Davidís being away. Michelle will make the coffee that Deborah will provide. Lucia will help set up for the event and will obtain the china and silverware from the Chapel. Other board members affirmed that they would complete their tasks and would be at the event by 10:30. Lucia will be working across the street.

 

Strategic Planning

Lucia and Andrea went to Chester to meet with them regarding their strategic planning process and returned with good suggestions and examples. When it comes to doing the community survey for Grafton, we will use the annual appeal mailing list to send out the survey, but also host the survey on Survey Monkey. Michelle will not be able to assist with Survey Monkey, so Andrea, who is somewhat familiar with it, will do it.

Chester sent out a mailing to community leaders requesting their participation. Grafton will do something similar. A notice will be placed in the Grafton News asking if those interested in participating contact Andrea. We want to make it clear that we are open to suggestions for improvement. Deborah will draft the notice for the next Library Board meeting for input and approval.

Deborah will send Diana Toomeyís files from the previous strategic planning process to the entire board.

The next Board meeting will be on Thursday, July 21, 2017 at 6 pm.

The meeting adjoined at 7 pm.

Respectfully submitted,

 

Deborah Toomey, Secretary