BlueLibrary_Logo

Minutes

Home-Hours-Contact Us

 

 

Grafton Public Library Trustees Special Meeting Minutes

May 14, 2018

 

Attending:Bob Donald, Lucia Corwin, Deborah Toomey, David Whittall, and librarian, Michelle Dufort

Bob Donald called the meeting to order at 5:05 p.m. to discuss the proposal of $2,678.86 for the new circulation desk, librarianís desk, and file display table received from Vermont Correctional Industries (VCI) installed. All attendees agreed it was a reasonably priced proposal. Lucia expressed concern that there was no specified finish and she requested that we ask VCI to please provide a matt finish rather than a glossy one. All agreed. Deborah will notify VCI of our vote and will ask them when it is expected to be completed. Then David and Charlie Carta (who has indicated a willingness to help) can remove the old desk. The tables used by the librarian and for display as well as the card catalogs can then be moved as well.

Since our previous meeting, HB Energy Solutions indicated that our 2 fuel oil tanks are rusted and could fail. They proposed replacing the 2 tanks with one larger tank and pouring a concrete pad to hold it at a cost of $3,348. The Board knows that the current furnace is old. Do we want to continue with oil heat? What would be the best, most economical option for the Library when the price of oil fluctuates, but invariably increases? Michelle had received a letter from Efficiency Vermont. Bob will contact them to have them come assess the Library and provide guidance on the best, most efficient form of heat for the Library. Then the Board can plan for the future. No vote was taken on the fuel tanks until Bob meets with Efficiency Vermont.

Lucia will look at chairs at Staples in Keene to see what type of office chairs are available. Michelle requested that the height of both the arms and seat be adjustable to best meet the needs of various volunteers working the circulation desk. Lucia will measure for possible carpet replacement and Bob will call the company the Windham Foundation uses for a possible quote. Lucia also indicated that she will contact Bob Bason who expressed funding interest when the Circulation Desk Committee was measuring for the new desk for a possible donation.

The meeting adjourned at 5:40 p.m.

Respectfully submitted

 

Deborah Toomey

Secretary