Grafton Public Library Board
October 24, 2019
Present: Patrick Spurlock, Michelle Dufort, Lucia Corwin, Deborah Toomey, David Whittall, Mary Beth Culver
Called to order 6:35
Public comments: None
Minutes of 9/26 approved
· Patrick reports that the financials look fine.
· He has coordinated a transfer of $5000 to the checking account.
· Michelle will check with the town on the scheduling of town budget meetings and coordinate representation with the library board to submit a request for a $500 dollar increase in tax support for FY2021.
· The town report will need both a financial summary and a written report. Michelle will monitor due dates.
Michelle has been in contact with Vanessa Sterns from
the Nature Museum regarding a book discussion on The Overstory. She was supportive but it won’t
be held until sometime after the holidays.
· A flier has been developed for the Gingerbread House event as well as a submission form. It will be mentioned in the next newsletter. It was listed in the October Grafton News and will be in November’s. Posters will be hung around the village and the surrounding areas. Mary Beth will put the flier in the Gabber, and recommends asking the WCC to share it as well. Michelle explored using an on-line submission form but our system is not set up for it.
· Building and Grounds Use Policy – Mary Beth recommended clarifying responsibility for taking down and returning tables, chairs, etc., to where they belong. Michelle will make the changes for approval next month.
· Annual Appeal Letter – Board members should each send Michelle any corrections no later than Saturday. If she does not receive any feedback it will indicate approval of the letter. Michelle will finalize the letter and send it to the printer. Lucia volunteered to assist Michelle with the mailing list process. The letters will be divided by the board members for signing & mailing.
Insurance – The town is switching to MVP. Michelle compared MVP’s coverage with BC/BS. She reported that the MVP coverage is
virtually the same as BC/BS and is much less expensive, offering a savings of
$100 per month. She also confirmed that
her doctor accepts MVP. The board
approved switching insurance from BC/BS to MVP at the same employee/employer
cost split. The board also discussed
wanting to explore options for including Michelle in the town’s 401K benefit
Next Meeting: Thursday, November 21, 2019 at 6:30. We do not anticipate having a meeting in December.
Meeting adjourned: 7:31
Mary Beth Culver